UGEARS creates eye-catching and imaginative self-propelled wooden mechanical model kits that can be assembled without glue. Their designs are inspired by real-life mechanisms and embody love of art and ingenuity. UGEARS believes that building these beautiful working models should be a fun, engaging and rewarding experience for the whole family.
In this world of video games and virtual reality, people still get excited when they find creative and fulfilling ways to use their hands. UGEARS fuels this excitement and gives individuals and families the opportunity to come together through the joy of hands-on modeling.
UGEARS 460 Locomotive with Tender employs all technical solutions weve come up with for previous models, and more. It looks realistic and unique at the same time and shows off the UGEARS style and modeler skills prominently. Spinning gears, pistons and wheels carry the body and soul of XIX century engineering, when locomotives represented the mainstream of technical progress, the time of a fierce competition between the developed countries in steamers construction.
This model was a hit during our Kickstarter campaign. It is the largest one, rich of details, the fanciest model of the entire UGEARS range with the highest number of parts. Completed, the Locomotive stands out as a truly original piece of mechanics that required diligent assembly work. (Actually, although it may sound complex, it is not that hard to build).
Using the massive gearwheel array, this relatively big model can run up to a distance of 5 meters. The distance and speed depend on the winding of our largest 12 band rubber band engine. The engine is started with a lever near the driver’s window.
Weve tried our best to make locomotive main mechanism move as close to the real thing as possible with asynchronously operating piston and valve. Theyre clearly visible inside the model, allowing a spectator to see how steam would get into the Locomotives steam chamber. The little doors and roof hatch let you take a look inside the Locomotives cabin, complete with an instrument panel and a retractable ladder beneath the door.
As all other UGEARS models, the Locomotive comes with a detailed step-by-step full-color instructions manual. All details are already pre-cut in plywood boards and can be easily snapped or snipped out. This complex and beautiful mechanism made entirely of plywood is a very impressive piece of hobbyist work thats a marvel to look at and a great conversation starter.
- NO GLUE CONNECTION – Assembling without glue and chemicals
- SELF ASSEMBLY – Details are already cut and ready to assemble
- MECHANICAL – The model produce motion
- EDUCATIONAL – Perfect for family projects through hands-on STEM learning
- TYPE OF PRODUCT – Mechanical Model
- MATERIAL – Plywood, Rubber
- MODEL SIZE (LOCOMOTIVE) – 12 x 3.9 x 4.9 inch (31 x 10 x 12 cm)
- MODEL SIZE (TENDER) – 6.3 x 3.5 x 4.5 inch (16 x 9 x 11 cm)
- PACKAGING SIZE – 4.6 x 6.7 x 1.5 inch (37 x 17 x 4 cm)
- PACKAGING WEIGHT: 1.134 Kg
- NUMBER OF COMPONENTS – 443 parts
- ESTIMATED TIME FOR ASSEMBLY – 10-12 hours
- WARNING – Not suitable for children under 14 years
- CAUTION – Contains sharp parts
- MADE IN – Ukraine